Sunday, April 11, 2010

Radiomoronic Workshop





I need a sound effect for when Squergil Wergil lands in a tub of water in the circus, and this pineapple had been haunting my kitchen for a fortnight.. so the time came today to run a bath, and drop the pineapple into it (I'm sure I remember reading that The Orb did something similar with a melon on one of their early records.. at least, that's my excuse).

The audio side of this project is something which is not recorded in such minute detail as the visual development is, in sketch books and so forth, despite the large amount of time and effort that has inevitably gone into it. So I decided to film myself recording the splash sound effect.

It probably just looks like me aggressively bathing a pineapple though.

The music is from the circus scene, unmixed.

On an interesting side note, found this on Wikipedia, which neatly dovetails with the pine cone theme:

"The word pineapple in English was first recorded in 1398, when it was originally used to describe the reproductive organs of conifer trees (now termed pine cones). When European explorers discovered this tropical fruit, they called them pineapples (term first recorded in that sense in 1664) because of their resemblance to what is now known as the pine cone. The term pine cone was first recorded in 1694 and was used to replace the original meaning of pineapple."

No comments:

Post a Comment