Monday, April 5, 2010

World Premiere on Intergalactic FM!


My favourite radio station, Intergalactic FM, is hosting a one-day live streaming festival on May 1st. For 12 hours, listeners will be given a chance to stream their own audio on the station for half an hour.
I'm pencilled in for a slot, in which I plan to broadcast my project.. a global premiere!

In the fortnight after hand-in, I will look into what would be the best way to host my images online in some sort of gallery, so that people can click to "turn the page when they hear the beep". Very exciting.
A really great (and brave!) idea and amazing to have the chance to participate!

IFM is actually quite significant to this project in that it plays a lot of instrumental music I would listen to that has elements of implied narrative (something like Drexciya being a good example).

In particular, this past year I've really gotten into Legowelt through listening to this station, whose music is almost always narrative-led.
He also has a show called Astro Unicorn Radio, which, amongst lots of amazing and obscure electronic music, has also broadcast existing radio plays, with his own music added.

I've listened to the Dreammachine channel a lot too, and been exposed to lots of soundtrack music.. all of which has definitely had an influence on me. During my 100 Days song project, back in December, I recorded several tracks to soundtrack an imaginary horror film, "Night Baboon". Last month I went to Scotland for five days, for the Homegame Festival, and so I recorded one more new song, drew some baboons, and made a 3" CD-R of the Baboon songs to sell. The songs on this CD are quite dark, compared to the current project, but the compositional methodology, thus far, is very similar.




Night Baboon: Bodies In The Mist by hardsparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment