Saturday, April 3, 2010

Music for City & Ghosts




This project will not be the first time I have made music to go with a narrative.. however it will be the most complex and developed piece of musical narrative I've attempted so far.
I was really happy to be asked by Nozomi to do the music for her film City & Ghosts in February. It was a good reminder that these sort of things always take longer than you think, and a great opportunity to flex my musically-descriptive muscles (which have not been used for a while!). In particular, it made me think about how a sound can provide a non-literal representation of a mood or theme.. the music contains sounds of car horns and dogs barking.. but also more abstracted electronic beeps to represent the sound of a city at night, with the sound of a busy road floating up through still air to an apartment high above. I'm really pleased with how it came out, and looking forward to it being online so I can show all my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment